Boy, The Bravery really sucks!
Rob says I can't really talk about how much the new Coldplay album sucks until I listen to it. So I will wait on that. It will be worth it, because I really like talking about how much Coldplay sucks. That's also why I am listening to The Bravery now. They are bad as well.
I haven't been updating lately, because I have been doing stuff. Lots of stuff. It's hard to say that I'm busy when I work less than 20 hours a week, but my time is definately eaten up.
My week in reverse looks like this:
Chris picked me up this morning and we moved two dressers to the garage so he could paint them and eventually put them in his room. Afterward I did laundry at his house and watched the first season of The Office and played with kittens.
Katie called me around 4 and we met at the W. Chester Diner for Buffalo Chicken Wraps which tasted really good. They had blue cheese on them which I don't like in a salad setting but is alright on buffalo chicken.
My plans with Tracie fell through tonight but we will hangout next week. On the plus side I get to update my blog and get a few other things done.
Wednesday I picked up my shirts from the dry cleaners and my pants from the tailor for the wedding on Saturday. Got a egg and cheese sandwich from Riggtown after Rob dropped me off in the morning. Watched Overnight and Come Feel Me Tremble, documentries on Troy Duffy, the director of Boondock Saints and Paul Westerberg respectively. Went to the radio station did a short show with Beth before Tyler picked me up to go see Batman Begins. Met up with Emily, Joe, Anne, Allison, Bree, Sabrina, Bill, Lauren and Kelly at the Bahama Breeze in King of Prussia for preshow margaritas. We saw Batman Begins at the IMAX theater. It ruled. We sat a little close, but it was cool seeing it on such a big screen. Tyler dropped me off around 11 and I met up with Jill, Kelly, Andreea and Chris, etc. at Kildare's for Andreea's birthday. We hungout for a while there before going to 15 North witnessing the most horrific example of Karoake. Andreea bought me beers and got me drunk but then did not take me home with her.
Tuesday went to see Jonathan Richman with Rob. Richman did two amazing sets of both old stuff and new stuff. He even did a Modern Lovers song. Not Roadrunner. Julia DJed at the afterparty upstairs at the Khyber. Stayed and hungout for a while then met Tom over at the First Unitarian Church to catch Architecture in Helsinki. They played with Dr. Dog and Head of Femur. Dr. Dog just got back from Bonnaroo and it looked like the hippie did not rub off on them. Tom dropped me off at Rob's and we hungout at Joanne's for a while and then went up to Rob's apartment. I slept on the couch and with a blanket this time, it was pretty nice temperature wise.
Monday went to the radio station made some calls, worked on the charts, listened to some CDs. Becky picked me around 6 for the M.I.A. show. Met up with Shannon, her sister Lindsay, Connie, and Dominic along with Pamela before the show for drinks and food at Standard Tap in Northern Liberties. The M.I.A. show was hot in all senses of the word. Got so close for the encore where she did the Diplo mixes of URAQT and another song from Piracy Funds Terrorism that I can't remember right now. But the show was great. So glad I went but it was better not knowing what I was getting into. Not sure I would go through the hotness and sweating, so crowded, and waiting 2 hours for her to start playing. All was redeemed though when she started off with Sunshowers.
Really wished my sister was there though. I told her this. M.I.A. is someone I think she'd be into and everything about her. The fact that her NY Times record review talks more about fucking globalism than actual music is something no one more than Nikki would appreciate.
Sunday night I worked at the library. I think I watched a movie but I can't remember which. Maybe Chinatown.
Saturday Rob graduated. He picked me up and we went to Transit to see LCD Soundsystem. So many people were there. I really felt part of a scene. But in the good sense of the word. So great to hangout with Greg again. And drink free Sparks. Thank You Making Time! A lot of people thought LCD were great. The mix was pretty muddy and I couldn't hear the vocals at all.
Friday helped Rob move to his new place in Philly for the summer. Then went to see the Old 97's at the TLA. So surprised it sold out. They played tons of good stuff. Its hard to be disappointed when I love every song. Great moments were Won't Be Home, Question, Streets Where I'm From, Victoria. Really, only disappointment was would've loved to hear Designs on You.
Thursday played poker for the first time at Jay's house. Great to hangout with Bryan, Huff, Jimi, Tim, Aimee, Joy, Josh and Kevin and Pete again.
Took the train home on Wednesday. Hung out with my mom. Ate California Chicken Sandwiches from Cafe Antonio's. Note to self, Go home more often.
I haven't been updating lately, because I have been doing stuff. Lots of stuff. It's hard to say that I'm busy when I work less than 20 hours a week, but my time is definately eaten up.
My week in reverse looks like this:
Chris picked me up this morning and we moved two dressers to the garage so he could paint them and eventually put them in his room. Afterward I did laundry at his house and watched the first season of The Office and played with kittens.
Katie called me around 4 and we met at the W. Chester Diner for Buffalo Chicken Wraps which tasted really good. They had blue cheese on them which I don't like in a salad setting but is alright on buffalo chicken.
My plans with Tracie fell through tonight but we will hangout next week. On the plus side I get to update my blog and get a few other things done.
Wednesday I picked up my shirts from the dry cleaners and my pants from the tailor for the wedding on Saturday. Got a egg and cheese sandwich from Riggtown after Rob dropped me off in the morning. Watched Overnight and Come Feel Me Tremble, documentries on Troy Duffy, the director of Boondock Saints and Paul Westerberg respectively. Went to the radio station did a short show with Beth before Tyler picked me up to go see Batman Begins. Met up with Emily, Joe, Anne, Allison, Bree, Sabrina, Bill, Lauren and Kelly at the Bahama Breeze in King of Prussia for preshow margaritas. We saw Batman Begins at the IMAX theater. It ruled. We sat a little close, but it was cool seeing it on such a big screen. Tyler dropped me off around 11 and I met up with Jill, Kelly, Andreea and Chris, etc. at Kildare's for Andreea's birthday. We hungout for a while there before going to 15 North witnessing the most horrific example of Karoake. Andreea bought me beers and got me drunk but then did not take me home with her.
Tuesday went to see Jonathan Richman with Rob. Richman did two amazing sets of both old stuff and new stuff. He even did a Modern Lovers song. Not Roadrunner. Julia DJed at the afterparty upstairs at the Khyber. Stayed and hungout for a while then met Tom over at the First Unitarian Church to catch Architecture in Helsinki. They played with Dr. Dog and Head of Femur. Dr. Dog just got back from Bonnaroo and it looked like the hippie did not rub off on them. Tom dropped me off at Rob's and we hungout at Joanne's for a while and then went up to Rob's apartment. I slept on the couch and with a blanket this time, it was pretty nice temperature wise.
Monday went to the radio station made some calls, worked on the charts, listened to some CDs. Becky picked me around 6 for the M.I.A. show. Met up with Shannon, her sister Lindsay, Connie, and Dominic along with Pamela before the show for drinks and food at Standard Tap in Northern Liberties. The M.I.A. show was hot in all senses of the word. Got so close for the encore where she did the Diplo mixes of URAQT and another song from Piracy Funds Terrorism that I can't remember right now. But the show was great. So glad I went but it was better not knowing what I was getting into. Not sure I would go through the hotness and sweating, so crowded, and waiting 2 hours for her to start playing. All was redeemed though when she started off with Sunshowers.
Really wished my sister was there though. I told her this. M.I.A. is someone I think she'd be into and everything about her. The fact that her NY Times record review talks more about fucking globalism than actual music is something no one more than Nikki would appreciate.
Sunday night I worked at the library. I think I watched a movie but I can't remember which. Maybe Chinatown.
Saturday Rob graduated. He picked me up and we went to Transit to see LCD Soundsystem. So many people were there. I really felt part of a scene. But in the good sense of the word. So great to hangout with Greg again. And drink free Sparks. Thank You Making Time! A lot of people thought LCD were great. The mix was pretty muddy and I couldn't hear the vocals at all.
Friday helped Rob move to his new place in Philly for the summer. Then went to see the Old 97's at the TLA. So surprised it sold out. They played tons of good stuff. Its hard to be disappointed when I love every song. Great moments were Won't Be Home, Question, Streets Where I'm From, Victoria. Really, only disappointment was would've loved to hear Designs on You.
Thursday played poker for the first time at Jay's house. Great to hangout with Bryan, Huff, Jimi, Tim, Aimee, Joy, Josh and Kevin and Pete again.
Took the train home on Wednesday. Hung out with my mom. Ate California Chicken Sandwiches from Cafe Antonio's. Note to self, Go home more often.

<< Home