So Please Get Out Of My Car
I just listened to an interview with author Tom Wolfe. The interviewer was Old 97's singer Rhett Miller. It was about Wolfe's most recent book I Am Charlotte Simmons and was on a CD I got from the radio station. But it felt like some sort of cross promotional marketing device because the interview was bookended by two Old 97's tracks.
I guess it worked because now I really want to read the book. I'm sure it's long and I won't finish it any time soon. I just finished David Sedaris - Dress Yr Family in Corduroy and Denim. I borrowed it from Becky on Saturday and was finished on Wednesday. I like when it takes me only a few days to finish a book. I wish I could get through the other three books I'm reading that fast.
What was cool about reading this book was everyone I told that I was reading had either read it already or was already in the middle of it. Now I'm back to reading my boring book on genes and the never-ending Harry Potter story.
I was supposed to go to New York tomorrow to meet my sister but I'm not going now. I'm all talk.
Yesterday I listened to this band called Minibosses who play music from video games. I really liked the Contra song. I never realized how listenable these songs were when yr not playing video games. What's great about the contra song is how the different level music goes right into the next part. The other cool part is that you can toat remember each part of the game just from the music. It seems obvious for games like Contra and Mega Man 2, but I even remembered playing Double Dragon and I hated that game.
Went to Ryan's Pub again last night with Jill. I had a italian roast pork sandwich with roasted red peppers and provolone cheese. I really like the food there. Afterward, we met Kelly and Andreea at 15 North for Quizzoke. Carly and Jon came and met us later on. We didn't win Quizzoke, but we came darn close. I think we got second place, and in the process, scored 3 free pitchers of Yuengling. It was pretty cool.
I guess it worked because now I really want to read the book. I'm sure it's long and I won't finish it any time soon. I just finished David Sedaris - Dress Yr Family in Corduroy and Denim. I borrowed it from Becky on Saturday and was finished on Wednesday. I like when it takes me only a few days to finish a book. I wish I could get through the other three books I'm reading that fast.
What was cool about reading this book was everyone I told that I was reading had either read it already or was already in the middle of it. Now I'm back to reading my boring book on genes and the never-ending Harry Potter story.
I was supposed to go to New York tomorrow to meet my sister but I'm not going now. I'm all talk.
Yesterday I listened to this band called Minibosses who play music from video games. I really liked the Contra song. I never realized how listenable these songs were when yr not playing video games. What's great about the contra song is how the different level music goes right into the next part. The other cool part is that you can toat remember each part of the game just from the music. It seems obvious for games like Contra and Mega Man 2, but I even remembered playing Double Dragon and I hated that game.
Went to Ryan's Pub again last night with Jill. I had a italian roast pork sandwich with roasted red peppers and provolone cheese. I really like the food there. Afterward, we met Kelly and Andreea at 15 North for Quizzoke. Carly and Jon came and met us later on. We didn't win Quizzoke, but we came darn close. I think we got second place, and in the process, scored 3 free pitchers of Yuengling. It was pretty cool.

<< Home