Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Going to Press

So I finished my zine project. I started out calling it a zine. Now it's a zine-project as a sort of transitional phase before i shorten to just a project. Sometimes I refer to it as what I've been wasting my time on.

Anyway, I'm ready to print it but I ran into a few problems that I did not forsee at the start.

First, I'm printing it half size so it comes to sixteen pages folded. I'm guessing its going to cost about 10 cents a page to print, that comes to $1.60 each. I have to print at least 30 copies plus, I think I may have promised copies to nonparticipants. If I print 30 copies the total comes to $48. Then I have to mail out half of them. That's another $10 in shipping.

I don't remember zines being so expensive.

I guess that's the difference between zines and zine projects.