Friday, July 08, 2005

Through The Wire

I decided to stay in tonight. Beth and I got dinner and watched The Simpsons. I straightened up my room a little bit. I bought new sheets for my bed but I might wash them before I sleep on them.

I called Kelly and Chris to see if I could come over and wash some clothes because its really time to do laundry, but they weren't around.

Listened to members of the Unicorns new project Islands. You can download a song here. I liked it. But it made me realize that I was never really into the Unicorns because if I had been, I would've had a stronger opinion about this new song.

Also listened to Adam Brody's band, Seth Cohen from the OC has a band called Big Japan that are just alright. I thought they would be way better considering Seth Cohen has great taste in music and Adam Brody had a band when he was on the Gilmore Girls and played White Stripes and Pixies covers. Anyway you can hear them on their myspace page. They sound like John Mayer a little, but not as annoying. A little bit like a more John Mayer version of Phantom Planet, but Pre-Self Titled album Phantom Planet. I guess what bothers me most is that Brody plays drums in a band that doesnt rock, I can't respect that. Why else would you want to play drums?

And if yr on myspace checking out Seth Cohen's drumming skills go to Seona Dancing's myspace page. This is the band Ricky Gervais of The Office was in circa 1982. Thank God someone made them a myspace page. Not great, but worth hearing.

I've been really into the Kanye West album. It's actually a great album if you listen to it without all the skits between the songs. Looking forward to the new album Late Registration when it comes out.