I <3 IMDB
On Friday, I opened up my Netflix envelope only to discover they once again fucked up my order. Instead of Top Gun, I received Sky High. Obviously I could see how these two films could be mixed up. Surprisingly Sky High was pretty good.

I was a little disappointed. I wanted to be amused by Tom Cruise and his semi-homoerotic innuendo, instead I got Kurt Russell in tights.
Very misleading was this Disney film about a superhero family. The main charachter Will Stronghold, a teenager about too start high school by attending a very elite institution reserved for the children of superheroes. What it translates to is a very easily relatable story about the expecations and obstacles of adolescence.
On top of that, the film was very well acted, written, and directed. The stellar supporting cast included Bruce Campbell, David Foley, Kevin McDonald, and in an incredible moment of intertextuality Wonder Woman Lynda Carter as Principal Powers. Also, the voice of Spongebob, Tom Kenny and his wife Jill Tally had cameos.
I noticed that this film, along with Freaky Friday was produced by Andrew Gunn, who disappointingly has no connection with The Brothers Gunn. Sean whom of course is Kurt on Gilmore Girls. His brother James writer of Scooby Doo, Dawn of the Dead, director of Tromeo and Juliet, and husband to Jenna Fischer, star of ABCs The Office.
IMDB is amazing because not only did I find useless information like the other two Gunn Brothers Mark and Brian are responsible for MTV's 2Gether and the straight to video Bring It On Again.
Also Jenna Fischer starred in The 40 Yr Old Virgin and the TV Series Undeclared for Judd Appatow.
Last One. James Gunn attended college with Arrested Development's Judy Greer.
My favorite part of Sky High was the end. Over a montage of yearbook clippings, Will Stronghold gives this pretty great monologue that goes something like...
My girfriend turned out to be my arch enemy. My arch enemy turned out to be my best friend and my best friend turned out to be my girlfriend. But that's high school.
Isn't it though?
I was a little disappointed. I wanted to be amused by Tom Cruise and his semi-homoerotic innuendo, instead I got Kurt Russell in tights.
Very misleading was this Disney film about a superhero family. The main charachter Will Stronghold, a teenager about too start high school by attending a very elite institution reserved for the children of superheroes. What it translates to is a very easily relatable story about the expecations and obstacles of adolescence.
On top of that, the film was very well acted, written, and directed. The stellar supporting cast included Bruce Campbell, David Foley, Kevin McDonald, and in an incredible moment of intertextuality Wonder Woman Lynda Carter as Principal Powers. Also, the voice of Spongebob, Tom Kenny and his wife Jill Tally had cameos.
I noticed that this film, along with Freaky Friday was produced by Andrew Gunn, who disappointingly has no connection with The Brothers Gunn. Sean whom of course is Kurt on Gilmore Girls. His brother James writer of Scooby Doo, Dawn of the Dead, director of Tromeo and Juliet, and husband to Jenna Fischer, star of ABCs The Office.
IMDB is amazing because not only did I find useless information like the other two Gunn Brothers Mark and Brian are responsible for MTV's 2Gether and the straight to video Bring It On Again.
Also Jenna Fischer starred in The 40 Yr Old Virgin and the TV Series Undeclared for Judd Appatow.
Last One. James Gunn attended college with Arrested Development's Judy Greer.
My favorite part of Sky High was the end. Over a montage of yearbook clippings, Will Stronghold gives this pretty great monologue that goes something like...
My girfriend turned out to be my arch enemy. My arch enemy turned out to be my best friend and my best friend turned out to be my girlfriend. But that's high school.
Isn't it though?

<< Home