Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Tonight: An Introduction

Shannon and I both started reading the exact same book at the very same time. How strange is that? Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters and Seymour: an Introduction, a book I've already read. I bought it randomly a few weeks ago while waiting for my train at 30th St station. I like that it fits in my pocket and I think more books should be able to do that.

Shannon started reading it in Mexico and she's further along than I am. But I finished reading Fast Food Nation before she even knew what was up. I am so tortise to her hare.

I had two random conversations with coworkers today about writing or about my lack of writing. I write in my blog and journal even less frequently, but I used to write way more creatively. Mandy who works in my office said that grad school sucked out her energy to write. Now she wants to start again. And Jenny is taking a creative writing class on memoir and personal essay writing. And I am jealous. There was a going away party for Bryan today and I ate a piece of cheesecake that tasted nothing like cheesecake. This morning Mandy had me doing manual labor. I was down in the basement moving boxes and now my back hurts. I really wasn't built to lift heavy things.

Brandon let me borrow the first two Brian Eno records. I'm putting them on my ipod tonight. Right now I'm listening to Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream which I think is way better than Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Way better.