They Mean More Cowbell!
Tonight, probably starting really soon, Hoots & Hellmouth is playing at Spence Cafe in West Chester, PA.

I saw this band perform at the World Cafe in Philadelphia on January 5th of this year. Hoots & Hellmouth is a soul.gospel.bluegrass.jugband combo featuring members of Pilot Round the Sun and Midiron Blastshaft. Hoots, ex-singer for the Band Pilot Round the Sun has probably one of the best singing voices I've ever heard and its a shame bigger things did not happen for that band considering they were better than most of the bands they sounded like. And Hellmouth has some of the baddest cowbell-in-the-pants moves I've ever seen. By bad I of course mean good.
At their World Cafe show, Hoots & Hellmouth opened the show with some traditional sounding rootsy, bluesy, folky what ever you call it. I don't want to throw the word rock in there, even though they do rock, What they do, reaches back way before Alan Freed coined the phrase. Despite the absence of their cello player, H & H managed to fill the space. And if you've been to the World Cafe, you know how big of a space that is.
The band has more shows scheduled for Philadelphia and West Chester. Check their website for more dates.
I'm posting a song of theirs, but you really need to see them live.
Hoots & Hellmouth - Asleep On The Couch
I saw this band perform at the World Cafe in Philadelphia on January 5th of this year. Hoots & Hellmouth is a soul.gospel.bluegrass.jugband combo featuring members of Pilot Round the Sun and Midiron Blastshaft. Hoots, ex-singer for the Band Pilot Round the Sun has probably one of the best singing voices I've ever heard and its a shame bigger things did not happen for that band considering they were better than most of the bands they sounded like. And Hellmouth has some of the baddest cowbell-in-the-pants moves I've ever seen. By bad I of course mean good.
At their World Cafe show, Hoots & Hellmouth opened the show with some traditional sounding rootsy, bluesy, folky what ever you call it. I don't want to throw the word rock in there, even though they do rock, What they do, reaches back way before Alan Freed coined the phrase. Despite the absence of their cello player, H & H managed to fill the space. And if you've been to the World Cafe, you know how big of a space that is.
The band has more shows scheduled for Philadelphia and West Chester. Check their website for more dates.
I'm posting a song of theirs, but you really need to see them live.
Hoots & Hellmouth - Asleep On The Couch

<< Home