Monday, June 19, 2006

The Sparks Mix

Friday night we had dinner at Walter's. Sitting at the bar, I named some guy's on-the-spot alcoholic concoction a Tokyo Drift:

Vodka, Soda, and Lime on Ice.

I don't know how many parts of each but it looked good and I want to try one.

Christopher, Brandon and I have been making up drinks like these:

A Snap, Crackle Pop - Cinnamon Schnapps, Cherry Coke, and Pop Rocks around the rim of the glass.

A Purple Rain - A Vodka Martini with Grape Tussin, stirred (On the east coast this is called an Erotic City).

I forget the rest. I will have to ask Christopher about them later.

So when we got home from Walter's we drank some Sparks and I made an impromptu Sparks Mix, which was more mixology than mixtapeology:

1 part Junior Senior's first album

1 part Dangermouse's Grey Album

1/2 part Pulse: 90s Dance Mix

1 part Stones Throw Connecticut Late 70s Hip Hop compilation

1 part Diplo's second album Favela Strikes Back!