Most Talented Leo
I was thinking I should update this thing once and a while.
Last week writer/director/producer Judd Apatow kept an online journal for Slate.com You can check it out here:
Judd Apatow's Diary
Today Pitchfork talked about how great the Robyn album is. Still no U.S. release date.
Robyn Review
I was listening to most recent Chris Leo album today. And in research for the review I'm writing for KSPC, I found this really great interview.
Chris Leo Interview
The Chris Leo CD is an album he recorded with his band the Vague Angels. The music on the record is a by a fictional band The Breaks who appear in his recent novel White Pigeons. The CD acts as a chapter to this book. I saw him perform material from it last spring at Macrock. While the album is more dynamic as a group effort, there was somethign really captivating seeing these songs performed solo. Leo's vocal style and willingness to perform under the singer-songwriter tag combined with his stream of concsciousness songwriting make me want to take back the "New Dylan" label I pinned on Conor Oberst after seeing him last January at the Academy of Music.
Leo, the more talented of the Leo brothers also should have a new album and novel out next year.
Last week writer/director/producer Judd Apatow kept an online journal for Slate.com You can check it out here:
Judd Apatow's Diary
Today Pitchfork talked about how great the Robyn album is. Still no U.S. release date.
Robyn Review
I was listening to most recent Chris Leo album today. And in research for the review I'm writing for KSPC, I found this really great interview.
Chris Leo Interview
The Chris Leo CD is an album he recorded with his band the Vague Angels. The music on the record is a by a fictional band The Breaks who appear in his recent novel White Pigeons. The CD acts as a chapter to this book. I saw him perform material from it last spring at Macrock. While the album is more dynamic as a group effort, there was somethign really captivating seeing these songs performed solo. Leo's vocal style and willingness to perform under the singer-songwriter tag combined with his stream of concsciousness songwriting make me want to take back the "New Dylan" label I pinned on Conor Oberst after seeing him last January at the Academy of Music.
Leo, the more talented of the Leo brothers also should have a new album and novel out next year.


<< Home