Tuesday, May 24, 2005

And the Winners Are...

I went with Rob and JC to the Khyber last night for Playlist Philadelphia, an Ipodlounge sponsored event where people bring their Ipods in and play 15 minute sets. There was a panel of judges and the best three playlists won prizes.

Two of those three belonged to Rob and JC. Rob won an Ipod Shuffle with his excellent 4-song Mashup mix. JC won a 50 dollar gift certificate to Itunes with a playlist titled "Pope Benedict XIV's 80's Megamix" It was amazing.

It wasn't even going to go last night. After moving all weekend, I was supertired and just wanted to finish unpacking and then crash. I'm glad Rob didn't let that happen because I ended up having a really good time.

Here are the songs of my untitled playlist:

1. Bob & Marcia - Young, Gifted, and Black
2. Eric B and Rakim - Paid in Full
3. MC Lyte - Cold Rock Party
4. SWV - Can We?