This is another song about Sparks
I think I'm getting a cold. Yesterday my throat was a little scratchy and last night my sinuses were totally clogged. I told Kate it was perfect timing because I'm leaving for California on Tuesday. Kate said California would clear that right up.
Last night was a good time. Shannon and Connie came into town from Jersey for a keg party so we had dinner and beers before hand. Ate at Baxter's again. By the end of the summer I will have tried everything on the menu.
What I got was amazing. I'm glad we ate there last night and not today because right now I don't think I'd be able to taste anything. I had the shrimp and tomato basil pasta. The sauce was really good. I just wish the shrimp was peeled.
After Baxter's I went to Kildare's with Shannon, Connie, Dominic and Marc. And then later Marc and I went to see The Teeth and Dr. Dog at The Khyber. We got there around 11 and it was just in time to see Dr. Dog start their set. Pamela explained to me the Dr. Dog drummer situation. Two nights ago the drummer fell off a banister or something and ruptured his spleen and broke some ribs so he really couldn't drum last night. So they didn't want to play any songs from the album because they wouldn't sound as good. Instead, they showcased new songs the band members have been working on. They kind of shuffled around between songs and it looked like deciding on the spot who would play what instrument. Each one playing the drums so Juston didn't have to. The new stuff was great. If indeed that was all new material, which they said was only the 3rd time they've played the songs, then the new album is going to be a million times better than Easy Beat.
The Teeth played next and so rocked. It was their record release show and the first night of their tour. The first three songs were lighting fast and super-catchy. I can't remember what they were, but they were old songs. They did play a couple new songs. They played pretty much everthing including Carry the Wood EP. I liked the much faster version of Mercy, Mercy Pudding Pie. And right in the middle of Mercy, Mercy, the power goes out and the whole place goes pitch black. It was one of the coolest things ever.
Marc and I got back from Philly around 2 and I passed right out.
Last night was a good time. Shannon and Connie came into town from Jersey for a keg party so we had dinner and beers before hand. Ate at Baxter's again. By the end of the summer I will have tried everything on the menu.
What I got was amazing. I'm glad we ate there last night and not today because right now I don't think I'd be able to taste anything. I had the shrimp and tomato basil pasta. The sauce was really good. I just wish the shrimp was peeled.
After Baxter's I went to Kildare's with Shannon, Connie, Dominic and Marc. And then later Marc and I went to see The Teeth and Dr. Dog at The Khyber. We got there around 11 and it was just in time to see Dr. Dog start their set. Pamela explained to me the Dr. Dog drummer situation. Two nights ago the drummer fell off a banister or something and ruptured his spleen and broke some ribs so he really couldn't drum last night. So they didn't want to play any songs from the album because they wouldn't sound as good. Instead, they showcased new songs the band members have been working on. They kind of shuffled around between songs and it looked like deciding on the spot who would play what instrument. Each one playing the drums so Juston didn't have to. The new stuff was great. If indeed that was all new material, which they said was only the 3rd time they've played the songs, then the new album is going to be a million times better than Easy Beat.
The Teeth played next and so rocked. It was their record release show and the first night of their tour. The first three songs were lighting fast and super-catchy. I can't remember what they were, but they were old songs. They did play a couple new songs. They played pretty much everthing including Carry the Wood EP. I liked the much faster version of Mercy, Mercy Pudding Pie. And right in the middle of Mercy, Mercy, the power goes out and the whole place goes pitch black. It was one of the coolest things ever.
Marc and I got back from Philly around 2 and I passed right out.

<< Home