Walking to a Walking Concert concert
Saw Walking Concert last night at Rex's. Stopped using subjects in my sentences. Remember hearing about the show earlier in the month, but had forgot about it. Glad Dominic reminded me. Walking Concert is Walter Schreifels's new band. He was also in The Gorilla Biscuits, Quicksand and Rival Schools and I felt bad for anyone who went there thinking Walking Concert would be in the same vein as his previous bands because it was quite a departure from the hardcore sound he is known for. But I guess you can say that its not so drastic, I mean from Gorilla Biscuits to Quicksand marks more of a transition to a rock sound than hardcore, while from Quicksand to Rival Schools focuses more on a melodic sound. I guess it works. Anyway Walking Concert play short tight pop songs. The best part is they don't sound retro or anything. Maybe it was because they were live and not on record, but they sounded new without sounding modern, but no strong influences came across.
It was raining when I was getting ready to leave for the bar but by the time I had left it had stopped. And so the whole walk that after raining smell was in the air.There was a band that opened called Murder, Texas, that Mike said sounded like Texas Is The Reason. I missed that band because I got there late, I wasn't too upset about it though. Dominic and I drank Rolling Rocks. It was nice to pay 3 bucks for a Rolling Rock because they are more expensive at Ryan's Pub. I think they thing Pennsylvania beers are imports there. Lame.
Yesterday was my Mom's birthday. I took her out to lunch at Baxter's and we ate really good burgers. My sister and I went in on an Ipod Shuffle for her. I ordered it off the website on Wednesday and it was supposed to get here by Friday, but it still hasn't arrived. So I may go home next week so I can give it to her and show her how to load music on to it.
It was raining when I was getting ready to leave for the bar but by the time I had left it had stopped. And so the whole walk that after raining smell was in the air.There was a band that opened called Murder, Texas, that Mike said sounded like Texas Is The Reason. I missed that band because I got there late, I wasn't too upset about it though. Dominic and I drank Rolling Rocks. It was nice to pay 3 bucks for a Rolling Rock because they are more expensive at Ryan's Pub. I think they thing Pennsylvania beers are imports there. Lame.
Yesterday was my Mom's birthday. I took her out to lunch at Baxter's and we ate really good burgers. My sister and I went in on an Ipod Shuffle for her. I ordered it off the website on Wednesday and it was supposed to get here by Friday, but it still hasn't arrived. So I may go home next week so I can give it to her and show her how to load music on to it.

<< Home