Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Rogue Wave Will Change Yr Life

The Shins comparision is too obvious to ignore. Rogue Wave is great in their own right, but the similarity is there.

Despite that similarity, this band is definately worth hearing. Just because they didn't blow up like their Sub Pop labelmates, I feel like no one at all heard this record.



Out of the Shadows, Rogue Wave's first album a halfway album between Oh, Inverted World and Chutes Too Narrow. There's a darkness on this album that seems to undermine the sunny melodies The Shins made so popular.

Or should I say Garden State made so popular.

I rip on Garden State a lot but that scene in the waiting room when Natalie Portman lets Zach Braff hear New Slang, that was so real to me. I don't know how many times I've lived that scene.

Hear this song, it'll change yr life.

Rogue Wave - Endless Shovel