Something I Learned Today
I was listening to Husker Du's New Day Rising earlier and realized how much more I like Grant Hart's songs than Bob Mould's.
Celebrated Summer is still my all time favorite Husker Du song, but Terms of Psychic Warfare and Books About UFO have this unique pop sensibility that really contrasts Mould's harder, heavier songs.
It may be argued also that Hart's songs are lighter compared to Mould's more introspective songs. I like to think Hart's are more dynamic than Mould's minimalism on songs like New Day Rising. But I also like that a lot about Bob Mould's songs. I think that's where his songs get a lot of their power from.
Bob Mould has a Blog here: Bob's Blog
I've been checking it out once and a while. It's pretty interesting. I check out Ben Weasel's blog too once and while. I can't get over the fact that these people whose music I absolutely love, whose lyrics I have found inspiring and make we want to do great things, have lives like everyone else. They talk about going on tour or writing songs like I talk about going to class or other people talk about going to work.
I used to only hear about them through their music or the occasional interview but now, I have so much access, that feeling is strange. This is one of those lesser discussed areas of knowledge the internet has opened up.
Celebrated Summer is still my all time favorite Husker Du song, but Terms of Psychic Warfare and Books About UFO have this unique pop sensibility that really contrasts Mould's harder, heavier songs.
It may be argued also that Hart's songs are lighter compared to Mould's more introspective songs. I like to think Hart's are more dynamic than Mould's minimalism on songs like New Day Rising. But I also like that a lot about Bob Mould's songs. I think that's where his songs get a lot of their power from.
Bob Mould has a Blog here: Bob's Blog
I've been checking it out once and a while. It's pretty interesting. I check out Ben Weasel's blog too once and while. I can't get over the fact that these people whose music I absolutely love, whose lyrics I have found inspiring and make we want to do great things, have lives like everyone else. They talk about going on tour or writing songs like I talk about going to class or other people talk about going to work.
I used to only hear about them through their music or the occasional interview but now, I have so much access, that feeling is strange. This is one of those lesser discussed areas of knowledge the internet has opened up.

<< Home