Saturday, November 19, 2005

Indoor Voices

Rob called me at work yesterday and Mandy was taking a personal call as well, and I've heard Michael take calls too; Bryan's cell rings all day, so I answered it.

Somewhere over the course of the conversation I forgot where I was and entered this little bubble of just me and Rob. This was great because I absolutely missed it, you have no idea. We could be in a room full of people and it would feel like no one else is there.

A particular time comes to mind during a Christmas shopping trip to the Exton mall that involved me, Rob and Jill. We talked non-stop about the our best of 2004 mixes. We talked the whole way there, the whole time in the mall, the whole way back, and maybe hours after that.

I remember not remembering I was at work. I remember saying things really loud like "No, I've heard that really attractive girls use online dating services to meet guys." and "The Thirsty Camel? Was it during the Lingerie Lunch?... Oh God! No."

I suddenly came back to where I was and realized I better end the call. Maybe I shouldn't take personal calls at work anymore.

I picked up the new issue of the OC Weekly at Rhino Records this morning and was really excited to find out the cover was dedicated to my new favorite obsession.

And in a related story that mirrors my Bam sighting in LA, an article on Peter Gallager's new album was written by none other than Philly's Doug Wallen.


In more OC news, Amazon is having a sale on Arrested Development DVDs. You can get both seasons for 30 bucks!